Wednesday, May 11, 2011

iNSD Big Picture Scrapbooking Challenges






Last Saturday, May 7th was National Scrapbooking Day (International NSD) and I actually took the time to participate in an online crop.  The sponsors were Big Picture Scrapbooking http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/ and Creating Keepsakes http://www.creatingkeepsakesblog.com/ with 12 challenges, open chat room and scheduled chats with some of the designers.  It lasted for 12 hours on Saturday and you had until midnight PST on Sunday to submit your layouts.  I managed to do the first 5 challenges, as usual the day was interrupted by life but I managed to finish things up Sunday evening.  They had wonderful prize packages but alas I did not win any of them.  I kept a list of the challenges so I could work on the rest of them as I have time.  The attached pictures are the challenges I submitted.  The first one was to use a phrase on a layout.  We were provided with a page of phrases, if we wanted to use one, by Claudine Hellmuth.  The second one was a challenge by Stacy Julian, we had to use 10 techniques, 10 products and 10 words.  This was by far the hardest and I spent the majority of my time working on this layout.  I'm not as pleased with it but it did challenge me and made me dig through my product.  The third one was a part of our scrapbook supplies that needed organizing, we just had to submit a picture of what we had worked on.  I worked on my stickers, trying to organize them in a 3 ring notebook in page protectors.  Fourth challenge was using wood or wood look item on our layout.  I used a paper bag and paint to make a piece of "wood" and used photos of a wooden planter box friends had given me several years ago.  The fifth challenge was to use two products as a frame on the page.  That is it and I do feel like I accomplished something.  It was a fun and free day of great challenges from wonderful designers.  Thanks BPS and CK!

1 comment: