Wednesday, May 4, 2011

50th Anniversary Memory box




We celebrated my in-laws 50th anniversary on April 9th, 2011 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.  My sisters-in-law, Kelly and Kim did a fantastic job putting this celebration together, from the venue to the video, no detail was missed.  My husband & I being over 650 miles away, were not able to help with this but we wanted to add something special to mom & dad's memories of the night.  I seem to do better on a deadline, not always procrastination, I just could not figure out WHAT to do.  Of course the week before we were to leave I finally figured out a box to hold all their cards and items from the party would be a good thing.  I spent 2 days looking for a box to alter, I knew what I wanted but was having a hard time finding it.  I wanted to alter the outside and inside of the lid to make this special for them.  I finally find this box at JoAnn's.  It was hiding behind a post.  I had taken 15 minutes to debate with myself what size I wanted when I spotted this single box, seriously, behind the structural post of the store.  It was the only one of it's kind and it fit the occasion perfectly.  So now that I did not have to alter the outside I wanted to really make the inside special.  My sister-in-law Kim emailed me several pictures of mom & dad over the years for me to pick from.  This picture was in color but I wanted it sepia toned so it would coordinate with the box and page.

I used a 12x12 sheet with words on it, clear stickers, gold rubbed chipboard, SU stamp frame, SU brads and a tissue paper flower I made out of pieces of an old sewing pattern.  Found the idea for the flower on Marah Johnson's YouTube channel, she is an amazing artist.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMarahjohnson
Take a look at all the video instructions she's added in less than 2 months.  Great ideas!

I hope you enjoy seeing the memory box, my in-laws fell in love with it and it is located in their living room so they can share all the memories of that great celebration with anyone who visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment