Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Play Date Cafe Challenge

I have intended to "play" along with the weekly challenges on this blog but of course life has been crazy the few months and I just never seemed to have enough time.  Well this week I decided it was time.

The colors for this challenge were Mountaintop, Icy Blue and Snowflake, I fell in love with these colors when I saw them.  I have made a 12 x 12 scrapbook layout.

I follow Julie Ranae, on Facebook and Twitter, she is a delight to follow, so many ideas, Julie is the Senior Designer for The Play Date Cafe and several of my other "online" paper crafting friends participate regularly in the weekly Challenges.  I am excited to have finished this design and am going to try to keep up each week from here on out.

I never seem to scrapbook any pictures of myself, obviously we know we're the ones taking the pictures.  But I have been going through my parents and grandparents pictures and photo albums for over a year and am very ready to start a generations scrapbook.  When I saw the colors of this challenge I remembered these pictures from when I was 10 years old and decided this would be my start on this scrapbook.  1970, dig the colors in the jacket?  This was a wonderful snowfall, I'm sure we didn't have school this day.

I have used a variety of stamps from different makers, a punch, a Sizzix die and the Close to My Heart Artiste Cricut cartridge for this page.  I have been anxious to use this cartridge, it has over 700 designs.  If you are interested in seeing this cartridge, with it's stamps, go to my CTMH website for more info. I also used a couple of SU inks and even a little chalking on the lower right side.

All in all I'm pleased with the way it came out and look forward to participating in more PDC challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment