Sunday, March 18, 2012

Grungy Monday 39, oops read time wrong!

It's Sunday night at 9:30 pm CST which is an half an hour late to enter this piece of art for the #39 challenge.  I thought the deadline was 8pm PST but Linda is in MST time so I'm late!  Oh well, I'll still link everything and give you the links to the Studio L3 Challenge and to Tim's technique.  I bet I remember next time!! 

I used a piece of paper 6x6 from Tim's Lost and Found paper stash for the background.  I used a piece of Glossy Paper, cut to 4.25 x 5.50 to create the "plaid" piece which is the technique featured for this challenge.  It is from Tim's 12 days of Christmas 2009 Day 3 and this was my first attempt.  It was fun but since I had a limited palette of 5 different Alcohol inks my range of colors were very close.  There is a lighter green in there and a slate but they're hard to see in the picture.

I used stamps out of two of Tim's collections, City Central and Artful Things, inking them with Jet Black StazOn ink.  I added a ticket, inked with Soot Black ink, from Tim's Adage collection, using one of the Mini Paper Clips.  I used 6 solid head brads to attach the plaid paper to the background paper.

I cut a black flourish using my Big Shot and the Elegant Flourishes die, then added two Prima petals that I inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.

That's it, actually pretty easy and quick for it's size.  As usual I add all the links to the products I used that will take you directly to Simon Says Stamp Storefront great place to shop online!

Products I used:



1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most perfect examples of the Plaid Technique I've ever seen! Beautiful art, Pamela-- truly a masterpiece!!!

    ReplyDelete