Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Looking for good music? Check this out!

I’m not sure how long we've had this station in St. Joe but 102.5 – Classic Hits Radio is a GREAT OLDIES station, 60's, 70's, & 80's.  When I was in grade school THE radio station to listen to was WHB (am) out of KC, it was Rock & Roll, later in the early 70's KKJO was our radio station of preference (still listen to KJO, too) and in the early 80's I think WHB went to an OLDIES format i.e. 50' & 60's. I can remember sometime in the late 80's hearing a new oldies station out of KC and it was 60's & 70's, HEY, when did the songs of my youth become oldies?  I missed that fork in the road somewhere.
I’m at that point in my life that I am fondly looking back at my childhood, going through pictures and being very thankful for my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and my parents. My brother and I feel we were raised by June & Ward Cleaver and we LOVE it!
So if you want to take a stroll down memory lane with me, tune into to FM 102.5 for the music of our life.  It really was the good old days, but I think every generation thinks that, don’t you?
Side note: I have no affiliation with this business but just like to support local business and who doesn’t like good music?

No comments:

Post a Comment