Friday, March 9, 2012

Grundgy Monday 38


Studio L3 Grundgy Monday 38 Challenge

This has been one of my favorite challenges using one of Tim's techniques.  It is an embossed technique that creates a resist.  You can read about it here Tim Holtz Resist technique it is from the Twelve Tags of 2007.  I first stamped the bird and foliage using the Snow Cap Dapper and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then for the background I used Dusty Concord and Broken China, topped with a spray of Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist.

I used the Walnut Stain distress ink to stamp the vine heart, the saying and the brown eggs.  The saying & brown eggs are from a retired Stampin' UP! set.

I used a small piece of the floral paper from the Idealology Lost & Found paper stack to punch out 3 small eggs.  I coated them with the glossy accents and applied Rainbow Sparkle glitter to them.  I attached them with mini glue dots.  On the brown stamped eggs I added Waterfall Stickles, thinly spread with my finger.

Below the bird I made a "nest" of pastel colored specialty knitters yarn.  I glued the yarn down with more glossy accents and also added a small amount of the glitter to it.  I also used the yarn for the tag tie at the top.

Please visit Linda Ledbetter's Studio L3 Blog to see the other art works made for this challenge.  If you'd like to participate, it is still open until Sunday night, March 11th.

The supplies I used for the project:


1 comment: